To set the default browser via Fast Url Opener, click the needed browser command in the Browser or context menu in the Main window.
Initially, there will be no any browser commands in, and you should add them to the Browser menu. Once added to the Browser menu, the same commands will be added to the context menu in the Main window.
The command may not be added if the corresponding browser is not installed on your computer. The browsers being installed, you may add the following 5 browser commands to the Browser menu: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer (not Edge), Opera, and Safari.
To add browser commands to Browser menu
1. Open the Set Data window (on menu click Browser, point to, and then click Set Data).
2. If Firefox is installed on your computer, click the checkbox next to Firefox.
• This will display the red text "Enter the full path to firefox.exe (w/o quotation marks) and save", the text box, the Directory button (small one), and the Save button.
3. Enter the the full path to firefox.exe into the text box and click Save.
• To enter the full path to firefox.exe, use the Directory button.
• Enter the full path to firefox.exe without quotation marks.
• If the path is saved correctly, you will see the red OK label next to the Firefox checkbox.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 for other browsers installed on your computer.
• There is no need to add a command if you have only 1 browser installed.
5. Click Close to return to the Main window.
• The browser commands will be added to the Browser menu.
• The same browser commands will be also added to the context menu in the Main window.
• Let's assume that you have added 2 browser commands: Firefox and Internet Explorer. See on the next page how to use them to change the default browser to Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Previous Page Next Page